If you're here, you've opened my 2019 Vancouver Foodie zine!
Thank you for your support in buying and reading the zine. To be fair I made it quite early after my return to my hometown in fall 2017, and it isn't comprehensive by nature. However, I really enjoyed compiling some of my favourite places into a nice, colourful little book.
Due to Covid and other factors, some of the featured restaurants are no longer, so this page is meant to explain that and provide some alternative suggestions.
Firstly, HERE is my master Google map list of allll the spots I could possibly recommend to locals and visitors.
Secondly, see below for specific amendments to the book (last updated March 20, 2021):
• Art Gallery Cafe: now replaced by 1931 Gallery Bistro
• Cafe Medina
• Saku: now has a location on Broadway as well
• Bubble Tea Shop: the Robson location closed;
now available in Olympic Village or Richmond.
• Fayuca: now closed. Try Sal y Limon instead
• Guu Otokomae
• New Town Bakery
• The Ramen Butcher
• Phnom Penh
• Shishinori: now closed. Try Marulilu Cafe instead
• Suika: see also Raisu on West 4th, Kingyo downtown
and Rajio in West Point Grey
• Neverland Tea Salon
• 49th Parallel: also locations downtown, on Main Street, in North Vancouver, and at the roastery in Burnaby
• Arbutus Coffee
• See also: Beaucoup Bakery
• Kerrisdale Nakamura
• Nana's Green Tea
• Golden Ocean Seafood
• See also: Pho Tan
4. Main Street
• Liberty Bakery
• Yugo: also has sister restaurants: Kitchen by Yugo on
Denman in the West End, and a stall in the Amazing Brentwood food court
• Matchstick: also locations in Yaletown, on Davie,
in Chinatown, and on Fraser
5. North Shore
• Yohachi Sushi: now under new management.
Try Sansho instead
• C.C. Violin
• Tim Horton's
• See also: The Workshop Vegetarian Cafe
• Heritage Asian Eatery: locations on Pender and
• PappaRoti: locations on Robson and in Olympic Village
• Don't Argue! Pizzeria: now replaced by Pizzeria Grano
• Long's Noodle House
• Casa di Amici